Women always want to look good and will do any trick to make that happen. Here are some simple guides for your hair and makeup for the upcoming holidays.
Shimmer and Shine
Use a large brush such as Mary Kay’s retractable brush to sparkle from head to toe with a veil of shimmer powder.
Glamour makes a comeback with sultry, smoky eyes. Soft Effects eyecolor quad in Wood Rose, is perfect for creating the look of the moment.
1. Cover entire lid with pale beige, then pink.
2. Apply medium brown in the crease for contour.
3. Dark brown coulour will lighten up line on your upper lashline.
4. Use a soft brush to blend all the shades up and outward toward your temple.
5. Finish with a stroke of Eye Smoker Line and Shadow Crayon in Cloudy for extra shimmer at the browbone.
Play up your lips in pretty, pearlized pinks. We have discovered Almay’s One Coat Lip Creams in Joyful, Berries and Silver Plum. With a built-in moisturizer at the center, they go on super-smooth (no need to apply lip balm first). Double the shine with a top coat of clear gloss.
Mad for Metallics
Even fingertips have time to get some serious shine. Slick on Maybelline’s Express Finish Nail Enamel in Pink Platinum, for fabulous nails in a flash.
The chignon is an ideal match for ultra-feminine fashions. It’s the perfect accessory for a sexy holiday look.
Here’s an easy do-it-yourself updo:
1. From behind your left ear, brush hair all the way to the right and secure with bobby pins at the back of your head.
2. Twist hair back in the opposite direction, forming a chignon over the pins. Tuck in loose ends and secure with barrettes. Rhinestone flower barrette.
3. Complete your look with a fragrant spritz of G by Giorgio, which comes with a limited-edition beaded bag to hold all your essentials.
Now is the time to shine in winter’s hottest hue. Look for brand-new, sparkly gold-toned shadows to light up your eyes. Sweep Revlon’s creamy Eye Glow Shadow in Gold Foi, over entire lid with your ring finger for the gentlest touch on the fragile eye area. With special ingredients such as aluminum particles to reflect light and cast a luminous glow, it’s ideal for highlighting your cheekbones, too.
The perfect complement to shimmery eyes this season is sheer, glossy lips. We like Jane Lip Dips in Save the Earth Start with a neutral liner such as MAC lip pencil in Spice, to shape and define lips. Then apply gloss with a lipbrush, such as Maybelline’s Lip Brush, for precision.
Tags: How To, Make-Up Tips