Allergic reactions to eye makeup are however, not uncommon: the solution to this problem is to stop using the eye cosmetic which has caused the reaction. But, remember, that reactions around the eyes are not always due to eye cosmetics, but maybe due to the nail varnish or the hair dye you have used.
Most instances of infection and injury to the eyes are a result of careless application and use of cosmetics rather than due to any of the ingredients.So it is important to follow simple ru;es of cleanliness and hygiene when using eye-cosmetics: wash your hands before touching your eyes; never borrow or lend any item of eye makeup; never use saliva or dirty water to moisten eye-makeup.
How to apply Eye Makeup:
The following steps are followed in the application of eyeshadow shades:
- Using a fine, blunt-ended brush, gently apply the base colour to the entire lid from the inside to the outside corner and from the base of the lashes to the eyelid crease.
- If the eyes need extra definition, a deeper shade is blended into the crease line.This gives depth to the eyes.
- The brow bone is highlighted with a light shade. This gives the eyes a wide, open look.The colour is applied to the most prominent area and blended up towards the brow and down to where the contour curves down, toward the eyelid creases.
Before using them on the lids, always test the colours on the back of the hand to test the intensity.You can use even 3-4 colours, provided they are blended well.Remember pale tones emphasize, while deep sooty shades define.
- Application Technique For The Liquid EyeLiner:
Test, on the back of your hand, the amount of pressure you should apply.Unless you are a real artist, it is best to steady your elbow on a flat surface.Work from the inside of the eye to the outside corner and keep the line light and even.If you stop at the corner of the eyes, the effect will be round and wide-eyed;if you continue the line and sweep it up and out, you would get a more exotic look.Finally smudge the edges with a cotton bud to soften them.
- Application Technique For The Pencil Eyeliner:
Pencils can be used in the same manner to define or extend the shape of the eyes, but they give a softer, more natural line.Keep them sharpened and ready for use, as blunted or broken points can spoil the whole effect.
How To Apply Mascara?
For best results, first look down and brush the top lashes from the roots downwards, then look up and brush the top lashes upwards.Then still looking up, brush colour on the lower lashes. Wait for a minute for them to dry, and similarly apply a second coat.Finally brush with a clean dry brush, to separate the lashes.
How to Remove Mascara:
While removing the mascara avoid the colour from going onto the delicate area below the bottom lashes and close your eyes.Roll a cotton bud dipped in a cosmetic cleanser over the lashes, taking the mascara down onto the tissue.Repeat till all the mascara is gone.
Correction Of Eyes Using Makeup:
You can improve your eye shape by experimenting with colour and texture. Identify the shape of your eyes and follow the tips given:
- For Small Eyes: Pluck the eyebrows fine to give maximum eye area.Use a little shadow under the lower lashes as well as on the top of the lid.Blend the shadow on the upper lid from the centre outwards, curving it upwards towards the brow in the shape of a wing.Line both the lids, extending the meeting line fairly out, to increase the length of the eyes.Mascara both the upper and lower lashes, using two coats on the outer lashes only.
- For Wide-Set Eyes: Pencil the eyebrows close to each other.Add a little shadow onto the bridge of the nose or blend your shadow close to the corner of the nose and stop at the centre of the upper lid.To make the eyes appear a little closer, start outlining the upper lid from the inner corner of the eye, bringing it near the nose ridge, leaving just the width of one eye in between the two eyes.Continue the line towards the outer corner but not quite extending up to it.
- For Close-Set Eyes: Shape the eyebrows so that they don’t have the close-together appearance.Use the eyeshadow on the upper outer half of the lid extending above the eye and under the brow.To offset the closeness of the eyes, start drawing the eye line on the upper lid away from the inner corner.Draw it up and out.Similarly, the lower line should not begin from the inner corner.
- For Deep-Set Eyes:Use a dark eyeshadow under the eyebrow, but not on the lid, where if you want to, you can use a lighter eyeshadow.Line only the lower lid and extend the line fairly out and up.
- For Round Eyes:Make sure the shape of your eyebrows is angular.Blend your shadow from the centre of the lid and deepen it at the outer edge of the eye, extending it a little beyond the outer corner of the eye.Line the upper lids, starting from the inner corner and extend it out and up so as to suggest length.
Tags: How To, Make-Up Tips