Kevin Federline reportedly will get $13 million from Britney Spears. The pair met up with their lawyers last week to finalize their divorce settlement. Star magazine says that Spears was reluctant to finalize the split.
According to the tabloid, here are the details:
- A 2004 prenup called for K-Fed to get $250,000 for each year of their marriage, but Spears upped that figure to $500,000 to speed up the negotiations.
- He receives half the proceeds from their Malibu mansion, which is on the market for $13.5 million.
- Spears will pay $25,000 a month in child support for each of the couple’s two children until they reach 18. He also gets custody of the boys four days a week.
- Federline gets to keep all the gifts Spears bought them during their marriage.
- He’s forbidden from writing a tell-all about their marriage
Britney Spears reportedly told Kevin Federline that marries him was a mistake but she’s grateful that the couple had their two children together. Since her split last year from Federline, Spears has made headlines for increasingly erratic behavior, with her “no underwear” pictures and almost every night party.
The two married in September 2004, just eight months after she had wed a former high school sweetheart, Jason Allen Alexander, in Las Vegas in a spur-of-the-moment union that was quickly annulled. Spears and Federline are the parents of Sean Preston, 18 months, and Jayden James, 6 months.
Tags: Britney Spears, Celebrities Divorce, Celebrities Laws, Celebrities Scandals, Kevin Federline